Avocado and Grapefruit Salad w/ Orange Chili Oil
This is a nice light salad. I make my own chili oil because I like to control the slighty, smokey citris with the grapefruit and avocado. But you can always use store bought chili oil, found in the Asian section or specialty stores.
- 2 pink grapefruit
- 2 ripe avocados
- 2 Tbsp orange chili oil
- pinch of salt
- 4 ounces of arugula
- 2 medium glass or stainless steel bowls
- 4 plates
- Peel grapefruit. With knife over bowl, cut segments from membrane allowing extra juice to collect in bowl. Place segments in another bowl.
- Cut avocados lengthwise and remove pit. Remove flesh and slice.
- Place avocado slices in bowl with grapefruit segments.
- To make dressing, in bowl with extra juice, whisk in chili oil and salt.
- Divide arugula on plates. Top with grapefruit and avocado. Drizzle with dressing and serve.