Chilled Peppered Pear Soup
Submitted by John on 11 October 2006 - 6:26pm.
I was reading this site about pepper and fruits, and remebered a soup I had made for a wine dinner. I dug through my old, food-stained chef notebooks and found it. I dedicate this one to Pete.
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 6 peeled, cored and diced, ripe pears (I like Bosc pears for this recipe)
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 ½ Tbsp finely chopped crystalized ginger
- ¼ tsp freshly ground pepper
- Lemon zest for garnish
- Blender or food processor
- Container with cover
- Place all ingredients in blender/processor, except for salt and lemon zest for garnish.
- Process until you get a nice smooth, puree.
- Adjust seasoning with salt.
- Let sit in refrigerator overnight.
- Serve with a dallop of creme fraiche and garnish with lemon zest and a dusting of pepper.