Pepitas (Roasted Pumpkin Seeds)
Waste not. I like to roast my pumpkin seeds when I’m making pumpkin puree for pie or have them left over form my Halloween Jack-O-Lantern. Pepitas are a popular ingredient in Mexican cooking, but I prefer to roast them and enjoy them as a snack.
- Seeds from pumpkin
- Salt or favorite seasonings.
- Prepared baking sheets (silpat, parchment, lightly buttered)
- After you hollow out pumpkin, separate seeds form fiber.
- Rinse with cold water and lay them out on parchment paper to dry completely.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Spread seeds in one layer onto lightly greased baking sheets.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until lightly brown.
- Sprinkle with salt or seasonings to taste.
- Can be stored covered for a couple of weeks.
What you should know
I like mine with garlic salt or cajun seasonings.
Thanksgiving Quick Links: