Traditional salsa verde
Submitted by John on 28 August 2006 - 5:47pm.
Here’s a traditional Salsa Verde. It goes well with grilled steak, grilled pork, tacos, fish and as a dip with chips to name but a few possibilities.
- 1 ½ lb tomatillos
- ½ cup chopped white onion
- ½ cup cilantro leaves
- 2 large garlic cloves minced or pressed
- 1 teaspoons ground coriander seeds
- 1 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- ¼ teaspoon sugar
- 3 serrano or 2 Jalapeño peppers, stemmed, seeded and chopped
- Salt to taste
- food processor or blender
- Remove papery husks and rinse well.
- Place them in a medium saucepan and cover them with cold water. Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer gently for about 5 minutes or until they can easily be pierced with a fork.
- Place tomatillos, lime juice, onions, cilantro, Jalapeño peppers, sugar in a food processor (or blender) and pulse until all ingredients are finely chopped and mixed.
- Season to taste with salt.
- Cool in refrigerator.
What you should know
Click here for more salsa verde recipes.