I have traced my Scottish side of my family. It is appropriate that I make something good in rememberance. This makes a nice gift. Nollaig Chridheil Dhuibh agus Bliadhna Mhath Úr! (Merry christmas and a Happy New Year! in Scottish Gaelic)
- ¼ cup flour, plus a little to flour mold
- ½ cup cornstarch
- ¼ cup sugar, plus extra or sprinkling
- ½ cup unsalted butter, room temp
- Wooden shortbread mold.
- Baking sheet
- Parchment paper or Silpat mat (non-stick mat)
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Lightly flour mold.
- Sift flour, cornstarch and sugar into bowl.
- Rub butter into mixture until it binds together and you can knead into soft dough.
- Place dough into floured mold and press to fit neatly.
- Invert mold onto baking sheet and tap to release dough.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, until pale golden in color.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle sugar on top.
- Let cool on baking sheet.
What you should know
Click here for more delicious desserts.