Consider this Italian comfort food. It is the perfect dish for a rainy Sunday that’s got you feeling blah. It’s even better on a Murphy Monday when everything thing that could go wrong did go wrong when you least could afford to have it go wrong. But even if everything is coming up roses this is one dish guaranteed to make your day even better. Don’t believe me. Then try it for your self. One bite of this easy to make pasta and you’ll be singing louder than Ethel Merman.
- 3 eggs
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 Tbsp butter
- ⅓ cup parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup romano cheese
- 2-4 cloves of garlic
- 1 lb fettuccini
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- large pot for boiling water
- serving dish large enough to hold pasta
- large skillet
- Beat eggs in large serving dish. Set aside.
- Bring large pot of water to boil. Add 1 Tbsp salt.
- Add fettucini. Cook uncovered until pasta is al dente (tender but firm to bite).
- Drain in colander.
- Heat oil and butter in skillet over medium heat.
- Add garlic and stir until garlic begins to color. Discard garlic.
- Add cooked and drained fettucini to skillet. Season with red pepper and salt.
- Mix over low heat until pasta is well coated.
- Pour all of the contents into serving dish with the eggs.
- Add cheeses and mix quickly making sure that all is thoroughly combined.
What you should know
Vegetarian Quick Links
- Pan Fried Tofu with Snowpeas
- Pasta with garlic, olive oil and broccoli
- Tomato Sauce with Pasta
- Vegetarian French Lentil Soup
- Tomato and Goat Cheese Pizza Pie