Pasta with garlic, olive oil and broccoli
If you read any of my recipes, you know that I am all about comfort food and simple, easy dishes. This is just about as simple and tasty as they come. They key to this dish is using an excellent extra-virgin olive oil and fresh garlic. The broccoli and pasta just soak up the flavor. My tots gobbled this up for dinner tonight!
- 2 large cloves of garlic crushed
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 head of broccoli
- ½ lb of pasta
- Frying pan
- Garlic press
- Pans for boiling water
- Cut up your head of broccoli in small trees.
- Boil some water in a pan, blanche the broccoli and strain in a collander. Put aside.
- Cook your pasta and strain the excess water.
- Heat a few tbsps of olive oil in frying pan. Sautee the crushed garlic.
- Sautee the blanched broccoli.
- Season broccoli and garlic with salt.
- Throw in the cooked pasta. Use tongs to toss pasta with broccoli in pan and make sure to coat pasta liberally with olive oil and garlic.
- Serve while hot. Makes four servings.
What you should know
This dish serves up well with cauliflower too. If you wish for some heat, sprinkle pasta with some red pepper flakes. Chopped italian parsley is a nice garnish and finishing flavor for the dish as well.
Look for more? Try these easy pasta dishes.