Pan Fried Tofu with Snowpeas
This dish is a great main course for vegans and vegetarians. But you don’t have to forswear animal products to enjoy this simple recipe. Best of all this dish is open to interpretation. So if you have some fresh sugar snap peas or lack lemon grass feel free to improvise. You can’t go wrong.
- Firm Tofu (1 package)
- Snow Peas, chopped into bite sized pieces
- Olive oil
- 1 Lemon
- Red chili, minced
- 2-3 cloves garlic, crushed
- Finger of fresh ginger, minced or zested
- Lemon grass, 1 stalk peeled and minced (optional)
- Large frying pan or skillet
- Drain tofu and cut into 1 inch squares. Place in a bowl.
- Mix the juice of ½ of the lemon with an equal amount of olive oil and poor over the tofu. Set aside for at least ½ hour to allow the flavor to absorb.
- In the frying pan season a healthy pour of olive oil with the crushed garlic over a medium heat. Remove the garlic when it begins to brown.
- Add the tofu to the pan and crisp on all sides (about 8-10 minutes)
- Add ginger, chili, lemon grass, and snowpeas. Cook briefly (1-3 minutes.)
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve and enjoy.
What you should know
Lime can be substituted to lemon. Sweet meyer lemons are my personal favorite.