Easy Dinner with Kids
This is more than a recipe:
THIS IS A MENU.
Most nights in my kitchen, I make meals that are quick! Under 30 minutes or I don’t do it, especially on week nights. Life is too busy with 3 young girls, all their friends and activities, and my desire to have fun with them.
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (or 10-12 chicken tenders) [feeds approx. 2 adults, 3 young children]
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- Olive oil and/or Butter
- Kitchen mallot
- Large Ziploc bag
- Large skillet or griddle
- 2 bowls
- Place chicken in ziploc bag and pound till thin (kids enjoy helping with this). Add bread crumbs and shake. Oil or butter skillet/griddle. Cook chicken over medium heat, turning once till done.
- Chop broccoli, place in microwave bowl, cover, and heat 5-8 minutes until tender.
- Wash carrots.
- Prepare fruit.
- When the chicken and broccoli are done, plate and serve! Making the plate/bowl look interesting helps improve everyone’s appetite.
- Dessert: Fruitlicious Dessert
What you should know
Substitute any of the items listed. Don’t be afraid to serve items your child has not eaten in the past. Just because they were uninterested the last time you served something, doesn’t mean they always will be. And though an item may not be their favorite, that doesn’t mean they won’t learn to love it. Remember: kids have adventurous hearts and growing minds. Enjoy!