Submitted by John on 26 May 2007 - 7:41pm.
Makes about 10 servings.
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ⅓ cup packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup milk
- ¼ cup buttermilk
- 2 ½ Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 ½ Tbsp cider vinegar
- ½ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp fresh ground pepper
- 8 cups cabbage, finely chopped or shredded
- ¼ cup carrot, julienned or shredded
- 2 Tbsp onion, minced
- 2 large bowls
- Add cabbage, carrots, and onion to large bowl and mix well.
- In a separate large bowl combine the mayonnaise, sugar, milk, buttermilk, lemon juice, vinegar, salt, and pepper and whisk until smooth. Add to cabbage mixture in other bowl and mix to combine.
- Cover and refrigerate for a least 2 hours before serving.
What you should know
This coleslaw is a little on the sweeter side. You can adjust the sugar to your taste.