This is a quick and easy recipe that works great as a meal, a snack or party food. Kids and adults alike love these quesadillas — the olive oil adds nice flavor besides making a nice crispy tortilla.
The possible variations are endless — we love ham and cheese, mozarella and proscuitto, gruyere and turkey, fontina and mushroom. Be creative!
- Tortillas (white flour or corn)
- Shredded cheese — mozarella, cheddar, monterey jack
- Black forest ham
- Olive Oil
- Pan (I love cast iron)
- Place pan over medium heat.
- Generously coat surface with olive oil.
- Place tortilla in pan.
- Sprinkle grated cheese and pieces of ham on half of tortilla.
- When cheese begins to melt, fold tortilla over with spatula and let cook for a few more minutes.
- Cut quesadilla into wedges and serve while hot.
What you should know
The just plain cheese quesadilla is delish for the vegetarian!