I much prefer this easy dish to the store bought box of mac-n-cheese (organic or not.) And so do my kids. Since there is always grated parmesan or a hunk of hard cheese in my fridge (I also like this with smoked, aged gouda), I can always throw together a version of this pasta for lunch, snack or a side at dinner.
- 2 cups of dry pasta (I like penne or farfalle)
- 2-3 tbsp of unsalted butter
- Finely grated cheese eg Parmigiano Reggiano
- Salt and pepper
- Boil water for pasta. Cook until al dente (10-11 minutes). Strain pasta in collander.
- While pasta is still hot, add 2-3 tbsp of butter until well coated.
- Then, immediately add a few heaping spoonfulls of finely grated cheese. Toss well.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper to taste.
What you should know
This recipe serves 2-3 hungry kids. My 2-yr old loves this for lunch with some steamed broccoli.