The mango tree is considered sacred in India. Mango sorbet is considered sacred in my household. This is a simple, fun and delicious dessert that is the perfect compliment to virtually any meal.
- 1-2 Mangos, skinned and pitted
- Simple Syrup (optional for extra sweetness)
- Lemon juice, fresh
- Skin and pit mangos.
- Add the tender flesh to the bowl of the ice cream maker.
- Puree mango with the immersion blender.
- Add a touch of simple syrup. (about 3 Tbls)
- Mix taste and adjust. (Note: if you skip the simple syrup add a touch of water to the puree instead)
- Add a healthy squeeze of lemon. (about 1 tsp)
- Mix taste and adjust.
- Puree again with blender to add air to the mango mixture.
- Add to ice cream maker.
- Serve when properly chilled.
What you should know
Blackberries make a wonderful compliment.