Submitted by John on 15 December 2006 - 6:50pm.
tags: starter | appetizer | Cinco de Mayo | dip | party food | salsa | vegan | vegetable | vegetarian
Freshness counts for a lot and this salsa is no exception. This is simple and basic, but, feel free to “doctor” it up anyway you like. Makes about 1 cup.
- 4 small, ripe tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 4 tomatillos, chopped
- 1 Tbsp minced jalepeno pepper
- 2 Tbsp minced sweet red pepper
- ¼ cupfresh cilantro leaves minced
- 2 tsp chopped scallions
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- Chopped garlic to taste
- Salt and fresh ground, black pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients in bowl.